Wednesday, February 3, 2010

thesis: preliminary form studies…

Now is the time when I need to start making things for my project. However, this is proving a very daunting task. I have no idea where I want to begin, and making that first mark is very overwhelming.

So, to overcome this paralysis, I decided to do some low-stakes experimentation using objects at home and stop-motion photography. Here is a series of form studies I put together to begin thinking about how an "intelligent path" might start to take shape.

Thesis: Visual Form Studies: Intelligent Path #1 from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



Thesis Form Studies: Intelligent Path #2 from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



Thesis: Visual Form Studies: Intelligent Path #3 from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



Thesis: Visual Form Studies: Intelligent Path #5 from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



{Study #4 never really took shape.}

These four studies start to illuminate the complexity of the types of information and functionality I will be working with. What does each segment mean? How might they be differentiated (color, shape, position)? How might relationships be displayed and exploited to help a user better understand information and their movement through it?

This is certainly just the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

No comments:

Post a Comment