Wednesday, June 3, 2009

project three: typography interface, take one...

Here is my first stab at creating an interface using my plastic helvetica type. I decided to work in AfterEffects, which was a mistake, because the file size was enormous, and the project became very laborious. I had a difficult time making the application do exactly what I wanted (due to user error and ignorance, I'm sure), so this initial attempt is nowhere near where I wanted it to be.

I also struggled with timing, so the experience of the interface is much slower and plodding than I intended. Originally, there was an obnoxious sound track to accompany this piece (which consisted of my voice reading the text), but I decided to spare you, my blog audience, from having to listen to it.

Ambiguous Propensity: Take One from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



I love the way the space looks, the graininess of the light, the textures of the letterforms and the surface. But what happens within the space is not nearly as compelling as it could be. I spent a lot of time rethinking and reworking this project, which I will share with you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment