Thursday, June 25, 2009

project four: moment #6...

Again, the synopsis from my last post:

For this set of moments, we were to again, take a motivation and an attribute of experience and create an interactive moment. The twist this time, was to play that moment out within three different modes of interface. I chose to use the motivation of playful and the attribute of quirky. The three modes I chose were a single player game, a social application that would function within a chat program or Facebook, and a printed book/journal/paper doll set.

For this piece, I created a blank journal/paper doll set. Each spread contains an environment, a randomly generated quote which heads a page of blank lines, and a set of clothing items and accessories. The user is meant to read the quote, look at the environment and other elements, and then create a story, which they would then write on the page. Or not. I also intended for the journal to be a quirky puzzle, where the user is not quite sure what they are supposed to do (much like the single player game).

Playful + Quirky (Interface Moments: Moment #6) from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



And, again, I will discuss my reflections on these last three moments in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment