Thursday, June 25, 2009

project four: moment #1...

For the first moment, I chose the motivation to examine and the attribute of experience delicious. I really wanted to experiment with stop motion animation for this project, so I created a tableau and moved the elements around to achieve the effect of movement. I also wanted to remain somewhat abstract in my visual language. The word delicious is ripe with connotations—I did not want to simply use food or try to replicate something delicious. Instead I tried to pinpoint what delicious feels like, looks like, sounds like, and then attempt to express that visually. I chose vibrant colors, used interesting textures, and attempted to create a scene that was visceral.

To Examine + Delicious (Interface Moments: Moment #1) from Liese Zahabi on Vimeo.



I have also been experimenting with sound in my work, and knew I wanted that to be an element of this interface. Again, I wanted to remain somewhat abstract. So instead of creating the sounds of cooking or eating, I thought about what delicious might sound like. For me, the audible element of delicious is the "mmmmmm." So I hummed a song my mother used to sing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment