Wednesday, February 18, 2009

project two: taxonomy tango...

After much sweat, thought, research and categorizing, I carved out a beginning taxonomy for my genre of interface. In an attempt to give said taxonomy a visual form, I created the following artifacts:





We were asked to give our taxonomy some kind of visual form, and were asked to not just create a list, meaning that the information should spatially show relationships, values, gradients, etc. Although I attempted to spatially relate my information in a map, it was a failed experiment, and was dubbed "still a list". After our class crit, Denise asked us to all take another stab at this step, and refine our taxonomies and give them more interesting visual form.

From feedback I received at the crit, I decided to focus my explorations on geographic navigation (removing some of the less interesting content). I also decided I wanted to try to push myself out of my comfort zone and create a visualization of my taxonomy in an analog and 3D way.

No comments:

Post a Comment